Christmas Q&A with Mental Health Cop

Note: answers below are that of Inspector Michael Brown
@MentalHealthCop
mentalhealthcop.wordpress.com

[These questions were taken from Zoella and Joe Sugg's yearly Christmas YouTube videos, namely: http://youtu.be/1j9ro77HxWg
I like to think that my blog gives a rounded view were possible, in that I publish posts from a variety of people and on a variety of topics that I might not have experienced or have the ability to write about. And so, every day until Christmas, there will be a new post of a different person's answers to the same questions. I hope it helps to get you all into the Christmas spirit!]

1. When do you start getting excited for Christmas Day?
Christmas Eve, in the evening usually.
2. Do you still have an advent calendar? If yes, which do you have and if no, when did you stop having them?
No, haven't had one for decades!
3. What are favourite Christmas movies?
This year: Star Wars! Otherwise, I admit to liking Love Actually, actually
4. Do you have any funny Christmas stories/memories?
Being a police officer, I've worked many Christmas Days and one year, I actually worked 16hrs on Christmas Day because someone went sick. One bloke I remember used to be a constant nightmare all year 'round: turning up drunk to A&E, abusing or assaulting staff, and being arrested once or twice  a week on average. The NHS called 999 because he'd turned up at A&E, but when we arrived he was as sober as a judge and he had only gone there to take in a box of Quality Street to apologise to the staff for his normal behaviour!
5. What's your typical Christmas Day?
Some family get invited over for Christmas Eve, breakfast of croissants and Bucks Fizz, opening presents, Christmas lunch, Queen's speech, and relax with whoever is there until bedtime.
6. What do you eat for you Christmas dinner? And what is your favourite part of it?
Traditional: turkey and all the trimmings.
7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Not really; just our routine.
8. What are your favourite Christmas songs?
Anything except modern Christmas songs, which I generally DETEST because they are played months ahead of time! I do love 'Gaudete' - a fifteenth/sixteenth century Christmas carol: youtu.be/WbKWk6RzaiM
9. What has been your best Christmas present?
There is a place I go in Cornwall every year, which I love - it is my escape place. There is a particular view over the bay which I adore and a few years ago the friends we have there bought us a picture by a local photographer of the very view, taken on a beautiful day and the present was a total surprise. I actually shed a small tear because it was a wonderful, unexpected gesture that means I can see that view every day in my living room!
10. Do you prefer a real or fake Christmas tree?
Fake - far less mess.
11. This year, do you think you'd be on the naughty or nice list?
Probably nice: I tend to keep any naughtiness quite well hidden from view!
12. What are your favourite treats at Christmas?
Bucks Fizz and a Terry's (dark) chocolate orange.
13. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents?
Receiving, because I'm entirely hopeless at deciding what I should buy for other people.
14. Where would be your dream place to spend Christmas?
You may have already gathered from earlier answers (!), but I'm not a massive fan of Christmas, to be honest - I'm not at all religious and it's took much of a consumer-oriented binge. It's nice to spend time with my family, but otherwise, it's just Friday and a welcome extra day off work.
15. Are you good at wrapping presents?
Good enough to mean they're actually wrapped! My wife would say I'm not that good!
16. What time do you usually get up on Christmas morning? Is this different from when you were little?
Between 6 and 7am. My son is better than me at sleeping in; I used to struggle to sleep and wake up by 4am!
17. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn't real? And how did you find out?
I really can't remember; probably about 9 years old?
18. What is your dream Christmas present?
All I want this year, is a replacement 3x3 Rubik's Cube - I gave mine away to a Namibian prison officer when I was working there earlier this year. I also like reading, so an Amazon voucher never goes down wrong.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig