24hrs with a Teacher Who Blogs

24 hours with... Eve
Date: 02.03.16
Why have you chosen to write about today?
Because I've just moved to another country - New Zealand (eek!) and at the moment , every day is different. 

Good morning!
Good morning back! (If you're in the UK - good yesterday evening to you!)

What time did you wake up?
8.10

Why did you wake up at that time?
Not sure - I've been exhausted lately! I actually have slept through an alarm. Luckily I don't have to be anywhere until 2.

Did you have a dream? 
Yes - I always dream. It was a bit of an anxious one I think. I tend to dream about things I'm worried about.

Do you think today will be 'good' or 'bad' day? (use your own definition of these words to answer the question)
I hope it will be good as I've an interview later. At the moment I'm trying to practice a principle I saw on Twitter; if the day "feels bad" don't write it off, be present and see what happens. 

What are the first three things you do after waking up?
- go to the loo!
- brush teeth
- shower

Do you eat breakfast? If yes, what did you have?
- toast and marmite, black coffee

What would be your perfect breakfast?
- at the moment I'm really missing my smoothies. I'm staying with someone though and I don't have the equipment!

Is there anything that you have to do today but don't particularly want to?
- well, if I'm entirely honest... I don't *want* to go for an interview!

List five things that you do between 9am and noon.
- get showered and throw on my favourite Debbie Harry t shirt
- clean up after my friend's baby
- eat toast and marmite whilst watching WatsApping people in England
- cry a bit because I'm worried about a friend at home and it's a year since my granny died
- get dressed properly for my interview!

Did you eat lunch? If yes, what did you eat?
- no. I just drank lots of water to fill up...

What would be your perfect lunch?
- anything involving avocado and/or olives, ideally eaten in the sunshine with a glass of prosecco!

List five things that you have done, said, thought, or that have happened between noon and 5pm.
- made a list of positive things about myself that other people have said (like my therapist taught me) to stave off panicking about the interview
- had an interview & been offered a temp role
- met my friend for a drink
- thought: all manner of things, the majority of them neutral. I remember worrying that I'd annoyed the interviewer though.

Do you eat dinner/tea? If yes, at what time?
Yes... at 7ish

What do you eat?
Vegan pizza!




What would be your perfect dinner?
A yummy curry or stew with lots of veggies. Anything from 'Isa Does It' (favourite cookbook ever)

What do you do with your evening (5-8pm)?
Chat to friend I'm staying with, play a bit with the baby, pick up pizza, watch something on TV, clean up

Do you have a 'get-ready-for-bed' routine? If so, what is it?
I just try to be as quick as possible these days to avoid getting locked in rituals and rumination! Same in mornings.

What time do you go to sleep?
Never! I'm a terrible sleeper. I'm in bed now (it's 10). If I'm lucky I'll be asleep by 12.30

Is this when you want to go to bed? Or is it influenced by what you're doing the following day?
Tough one... I'm not in my own home and I like to give people their space so I'm kind of going to bed earlier than usual. I don't know anyone else here yet so it's all a bit weird. I quite like my waking time in bed though as it overlaps with the time my friends in the UK are awake and commuting to work so we WatsApp!

Do you share your bed?
Only with White Ted!

Which position do you tend to sleep in? e.g. foetus, starfish etc.
I foetus a fair bit.


Reflect
What was your favourite part of your day?
I liked sitting outside in the botanical gardens cafe with my friend, her baby and a friend of hers I'd never met before

What was your least favourite?
The bit where I was told I had to be at work at 8am every day! I'm really not a morning person as I have such difficulty sleeping (always have!)

Did anything happen today that you'd like to change or re-do?
Not that I can think of, which is HIGHLY unusual. Oh no, wait... I gave into OCD a couple of times before I could stop myself. So I'd rather not have done that.

Did you 'learn' anything today? (use your own definition of this word to answer the question)
Yes. I learnt the local pizza place does a vegan pizza! Also learnt where a few things are in my new city. And that I can walk for about 15 minutes in heels without falling over or crying.

Are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Yes and no...I'm more nervous about starting my new job than excited. But I'm meeting a cousin afterwards (he's touring New Zealand and happens to be coming here for a couple of nights!) We're not especially close but it will be nice to see a familiar face!

What do you have planned? 
Oh! See above!

Thank you for contributing to the series!

Goodnight! 



This is of some art I walked past, it is made from the World Trade Centre that was destroyed in 9/11 and the materials were a gift from the US to the New Zealand. The US sent firemen over to help with the earthquake recovery in 2011, as NZ had sent over fireman to the US back in 2001 (at least that's what I think a tour guide told me). Anyway I'd heard of it but walked past it for the first time today..

Twitter: @eve_ventures
Blogger Template Created by pipdig