POST THREE: MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS WEEK 2017


24 hours with... Nadine Appleby
Twitter: https://twitter.com/xnadine1990x

Date: Friday May 12th, 2017



Why have you chosen to write about today? 
I've chosen to write about today as there is a lot going on in my day I am currently an inpatient in an acute psychiatric ward and have meetings today with various professionals to decide next steps with my care.

Good morning! 

What time did you wake up?  '
6:30am

Why did you wake up at that time?  
The staff on my arms length observations made too much noise when they were switching staff.

Did you have a dream?  '
No a nightmare

Do you think today will be 'good' or 'bad' day? (use your own definition of these words to answer the question)  
I'm not sure I think it will hopefully be overall good but will have bad well very stressful parts to the day as I have been having a lot of difficulties with my mental health. 

What are the first three things you do after waking up?  
1.Check my phone
2.Make a coffee, 
3.Talk with the staff on my observations.

Do you eat breakfast?

No

What would be your perfect breakfast?  
Croissant with butter and Jam 

Is there anything that you have to do today but don't particularly want to?  
Write out a 'care plan' for myself that my key nurse on the ward has asked me to do in preparation for my discharge planning meeting today and attend my discharge planning meeting (which are normally stressful as their are lots of people in the meetings and I get quite stressed)

List five things that you do between 9am and noon.  
1. Write out daily activity plan to keep me distracted throughout the day on the ward as it can get monotonous and make me more unwell if I don't have structure to my day especially on the inpatient ward as their isn't a lot to do.
2.Used my UV gel nail lamp to do mine and one of the staff nurses nails (very therapeutic!)
3. Listened to some music
4. Went for a nap as I was really tired as I had a bad nights sleep
5. Had a shower

Did you eat lunch? If yes, what did you eat?  
Sushi

What would be your perfect lunch?  
Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel and a costa soya coffee cooler 

List five things that you have done, said, thought, or that have happened between noon and 5pm.  
1. Did more nails (very therapeutic and distracting)
2. Talked with my key nurse and another of the staff nurses who I get on well with about what I had written about plans for what my wishes were for the outcome of the discharge planning meeting so my key nurse could put these across on my behalf and also to help me relax because they know how stressful I find the meetings.
3. Met with my independent mental health advocate and had a brief discussion about how I felt about discharge planning meeting and what I hoped would be the outcome 
4. Attended my discharge planning meeting 
5. Did a bit of writing/reflection

Do you eat dinner/tea? If yes, at what time?  
4:30pm

What do you eat?  
Side salad

What would be your perfect dinner?  
Stir fry 

What do you do with your evening (5-8pm)?  
Have a one to one with my key nurse about my discharge planning meeting and how I felt about the outcome of it then went home to my flat with Dad for a few hours leave from the ward to see my cat and stripped the colour from my hair ready to dye my hair. 

Goodnight! 

Do you have a 'get-ready-for-bed' routine? If so, what is it?  
Yes - put on pyjamas, think about what I want to watch on my iPad in bed , do a puzzle from a puzzle magazine to help me wind down and talk to the staff on my observations about plans for next day and how I felt the day went what I had been doing etc . 

What time do you go to sleep?  
Around 12:30am 

Is this when you want to go to bed? Or is it influenced by what you're doing the following day?  
It isn't when I want to go to bed but it isn't influenced ever by what I plan on doing the following day.

Do you share your bed?  
No

Which position do you tend to sleep in? e.g. foetus, starfish etc.
Foetal position

Reflection 

What was your favourite part of your day?  
Seeing my cat and discharge on Tuesday being the outcome of my discharge planning meeting .

What was your least favourite?  
Attending the discharge planning meeting. 

Did anything happen today that you'd like to change or re-do?  
Yes spoken more in my discharge planning meeting and voiced my opinions/concerns rather than letting others speak on my behalf.

Did you 'learn' anything today? (use your own definition of this word to answer the question)  
Yes that I can do more than I think I can/give myself credit for no matter how negatively my viewpoint is on everything I do . 

Are you looking forward to tomorrow?  
Not really 

What do you have planned? 
Appointments with care manager and Northumberland Recovery Partnership worker. Thinking of things to keep myself distracted and busy. Going home with my Dad to see my cat and dye my hair.





Blogger Template Created by pipdig